Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Hobbit: Battle of The Five Armies Ends The Hobbit Trilogy On A Surprisingly High Note





Wore this necklace to the screening which I got from Jenna's Jewelry Etsy store Book Geek Boutique. Alas Benedict Cumberbatch's dual roles as Smaug and The Necromancer amount to basically a couple of cameos in this movie.

If The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey left me bored (I will never forget having to arduously endure 30 minutes in Bilbo's home watching singing dwarves toss dishes around the house), and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug left me desolated (http://shazarose.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-hobbit-desolation-of-smaug-left-me.html), The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies left me as satisfied as a hobbit sitting on his armchair in his cozy home reading a book and smoking his favorite pipe.

The last film of the Hobbit trilogy almost makes the 6 hour-slog of the getting through first two movies to reach the third movie nearly worthwhile, and is the only movie in the trilogy to ever reach some of the heights achieved by the original Lord of The Rings trilogy. 4 out of 5 stars for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment