Thursday, June 20, 2013
10 reasons why Superman is the most boring popular superhero ever
1. He's not even human. He's an alien from the planet of Krypton. If his alien status was discovered, he'd probably be deported from American soil.
2. His real name is a mouthful. Kal-El. Strange doesn't even begin to describe this weird moniker.
3. He commits an unforgivable fashion faux pas. The man wears his underwear inside out, for Christ's sake.
4. He wears the worse disguise ever. Is just clapping on a pair of glasses supposed to be an effective disguise?
5. The man is out of his time. If he is living in the modern day, he would be out of a job and be joining the unemployment line. Journalism is a lowly dying industry and I doubt he would be able to get a job as a journalist.
6. His choice of changing room. The man changes into his Superman costume in a phone booth. Good luck trying to find one in today's day and age.
7. He's perfect and basically the Gary Stu of superheroes. I like my superheroes with real flaws and human frailities thank you very much.
8. His only weakness is Kryptonite, which is like the rarest substance on Earth, but for some reason his opponents always seem to have no trouble at all procuring.
9. Hs alter ego Clark Kent is the blandest person to walk the earth.
10. Too many superpowers. The guy can even shoot lasers out of his eyes. It makes him overpowered and always overmatched when he has to face off against his enemies, which makes watching him or reading about him an extremely dull affair.
That being said, despite having scored only a lacklustre rotten rating of 56% on Rotten Tomatoes, regular moviegoers seem to be having really enjoyed it, to the tune of over $200 million worldwide in its opening week. I am rather curious as to whether the filmmakers succeeded in making him a less boring of a character and how they managed to update him to resonate with today's audience. I won't pay to see it, but I'll most probably check out the DVD when it comes out. Plus, I've always liked Henry Cavill ever since I saw him in 2002 The Count of Monte Cristo.
Posted by Thousandarms97 at June 20, 2013